Friday, December 30, 2011

New Years Glitter Gradient Nails

I realize I have skipped the necessary Christmas update, but I'm anxious to show y'all my nails for NYE. Now,  I should explain how I really have no plans. In a perfect world we go downtown Chicago and do the fabulous thing. But the night just might end up with me being drunk with my boyfriend in a random basement. But I promise you I'm gonna look damn good doing it. I have a gorgeous Juicy Couture charcoal silk dress, black lace tights, and purple suede Nine West pumps I've been dying to wear. So of course I needed a pretty manicure for this.


Oh my god my cuticles are AWFUL! Do they really look like that? And I got polish on my skin. Ugh. Why can't they look like my favorite girl from The Polishaholic? Her pic is below with the color I used since I didn't have it with me.

Anyways, this was super easy- I started with two coats of OPI Burlesque collection's Tease-y Does It. Honestly there were SO many colors I could have chosen that would look fabulous, but I loved the sexy vamp-y look of this.

That's what gorgeous nails look like! Jen, show me your ways

Next, I took one of those cheap-o sponge eyeshadow applicators and dipped it in my new NYX polish, which I purchased for $1.49. It's an exact dupe for OPI Serena Williams collection's Servin Up Sparkle and I was sooo excited when I discovered it.

Score!


So once you get some on the applicator, dab it on the top half of your nails. VERY IMPORTANT: make sure your base color has dried first. Then once the glitter coat has dried, get some more polish on a sponge and concentrate it on the tips. Let dry and slap on a top coat. Gorgeous!


No comments:

Post a Comment