Friday, December 30, 2011

Flying

My favorite part of being home so far (wait, do I still call it 'home'? Or is it 'back where I'm from' or what?) was by far on Tuesday when we went flying. J's sister and her bf, who is also a pilot, took us up to Milwaukee where we ate dinner. Then we flew along the shore of Lake Michigan down to Chicago and around the city.

The plane we took was a Piper Aero, which is super tiny and fun. Seriously, the smaller the better with those things. I hadn't been up in a VERY long time, so my nerves definitely came back on takeoff. Then I remembered how fun it is and was able to relax and enjoy myself.

Chicago skyline featuring Lake Michigan, Grant Park, Millennium Park, the Sears Tower, Prudential Building, Trump Tower, and many more

Back in the heyday, J used to have a little Cessna. On our first date we did the same thing over downtown and it was SO magical. Seriously, what more could a girl ask for? Let's be honest. I was about to turn 17, I had a mouth full of braces, and a major crush. J was handsome, hilarious, super sweet, way older, and even more out of my league. I was smitten as a kitten.



I was feeling all warm and sentimental reminiscing about our first date and how it was love at first sight. I remember I wanted so badly to rip his headset off so I could kiss him right then and there! When we first started dating we would fly everywhere, just for the hell of it. Some of my favorite memories together are from the plane or the airport.

The Sears or Willis Tower, depends on what generation you're from.

How lucky am I? Not everybody gets the chance to fly, let alone around the most beautiful city in the world.

I also have an incredible video that puts the pictures to shame, but until I can get the card reader I need for my new camera, pics will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment