Friday, December 16, 2011

A Day in the Life

This morning when the alarm went off I found myself wrapped up in the sheet, burrito-style. J asked me to come snuggle for warmth before it was time to get out.

"I can't," I said. "I'm trapped. Like a Chilean miner."

He looked at me, confused as to why I was laughing. "Huh?" He said.

I didn't get it... I thought my joke was witty. Then I remembered I was talking to the guy who just last night asked me what the Occupy protests were. Clearly he didn't know a thing about the Chilean Miners trapped underground for two months last year.

"Wait, you don't remember? It was big news last fall."

"No, but I'm going to get you back."

Get me back for what? I guess I made him feel stupid for his lack of knowledge of current events.

Now all day he has been referencing imaginary "Peruvian mermaids" and "Austrian mailmen."

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment